We all know that visiting a country during off season gives many perks! Cheaper airfare, accommodation cost, less crowd, easier to bargain, short queues and a lot more!
Here were my experiences in Turkey during winter which is considered a low season for tourism.
1. Hierapolis Theater all to yourself! – Feel free to sing and test sound effects without being embarrassed because the place is all yours!
2. An empty Hagia Sophia mosque – Marvelling at a beauty without a swarm of tourists to distract is always a plus!
3. Rustic town of Nevsehir – The emptiness of Nevsehir gives off a nostalgic feel, especially with naked trees, white snow, and mountains all around.
4. Observing Locals – We travel to learn by observing a different culture, going during off season easily allow you to do so.
5.Taksim Square – Taksim square is always bustling all year round whether it is low or high season, the difference is that, there’s much less tourists during off season!
6. Getting fully attended in restaurants – Don’t worry about table reservations or quick service. The waiters will be at your service every minute.
7. Perfect photos of sceneries – Doesn’t it bother you when you want to take an empty photo of sceneries but it is almost impossible with the number of tourists? Well, off season in Turkey will offer almost everything to yourself.
8. Enjoy a relaxing thermal hot spring – Hot springs are always best when it’s peaceful. The thermal springs in a spa, Cleopatra’s Pool, Pamukkale or Karahayit have very few number of tourists or empty which makes it perfect!
9. Snow Capped Fairy Chimneys adds beauty to the magnificent after effect of an earthquake that bred beauty.
10. Over the clouds during a hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia – Well, not literally but it surely feels like it!
I’d love to know your travel experience during off season. Let me know by commenting below 😀